HARD TO FILL JOBS AND THE DEAF
A couple of years ago a high level deaf-related job was
advertised nationally. The pay was great; the title was
How many people applied for the job? Just two! Why?
There could be many reasons:
* high turnover
* bad geographical location
* perception that posting is a sham and that the job has already
been offered to a certain candidate in advance
* potential candidates not aware of that posting
* perception that qualifications are too demanding
* job does not offer a high level of prestige and recognition
* pay deemed too low
* agency would not pay relocation expenses
So, when we see that job offered to someone we do not
consider qualified, whose fault is it?