Montana School for the Deaf and the Blind is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). MSDB will not discriminate in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, ancestry, union membership or any other legally protected classification. Announcement of this policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Students, parents, employees and participants who have an inquiry or complaint of harassment or discrimination, or who need information about accommodations for persons with disabilities, should contact the School Compliance Officer and Title IX/EEO Coordinator, Montana School for the Deaf and Blind, 3911 Central Avenue, Great Falls, Montana 59405. Phone (406) 771-6000.
positions open Austine School for the Deaf & Vermont Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing various locations in Vermont
Due to an expanding program we are looking for dedicated professionals to provide support and services to Deaf & Hard of Hearing students. We are now interviewing all qualified applicants for the following positions.
– Teacher /Coordinator, William Center Location: Brattleboro,VT Time Base: Full -Time
Qualifications: Masters Degree in Deaf Education or Special Education Minimum of 5 years teaching and administrative experience. Experience in working with a variety of disabilities including Autism. Training and experience in instruction improvement Effective communication skills to include ASL Responsibilities: Oversees the supervision and development of all William Center Teachers. Oversee daily operation of William Center Autism Program. Coordinate Special Education procedures for the William Center. Maintain accurate records.
– Victim Advocate/community educator Deaf Vermonters Advocacy Services Location: statewide Vermont Time Base: 2 part-time positions
Qualifications: * BA degree or equivalent experience * Fluency in American Sign Language
Advocacy experience: * Work from a philosophy or empowerment * Ability to work with a diverse population * Exceptional listening skills and ability to empathize * Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence
Send resume and cover letter to Keri Darling mailto:email@example.com
– Residential Advisors: Location: Brattleboro, VT Time base: All shifts; including Overnight shifts & weekends
* Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or High School Graduate & 21 years of age; Effective communication skills to include ASL; Willingness to receive CPR, First Aid and Restraint Training; Willingness to learn behavior management techniques; Understands the uniqueness and development of Deaf & Hard of Hearing students.
* Responsibilities: Enhance social and interpersonal relationships among the student; Assist in the development and implementation of proactive, preventative residential Programs which help students develop into healthy well- rounded individuals
– Speech – Language Pathologist Location: Brattleboro, VT Time Base: part time
– Paraprofessionals Location: Brattleboro, VT Time Base: Part time
* Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma and 21 years old and related experience; Understands the uniqueness and development of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students; Proficiency in ASL; Valid driver’s license; Willingness to obtain a VT bus license
* Responsibilities: Assist teachers with tutoring and instruction, classroom management and clerical tasks; Assist with morning residential program; Must be able to assist student with physical motor needs to include lifting guiding.
for all of the above positions that are based in Brattleboro, VT, please send letter of interest & resume to:
Kelly Therieau Austine School for the Deaf 209 Austine Dr Brattleboro, VT 05301
or send email to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
802-258-9510 Fax# 802-258-9574
– EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT GLAD !! –
* Director of LIFESIGNS – Los Angeles, CA
* Job Developer/Interpreter – Anaheim, CA
To learn more about the above positions at GLAD, please go to our website:
If interested for any of these positions then please submit resume and application to:
Jeff Fetterman Human Resources Manager Greater Los Angeles Agency on Deafness, Inc. 2222 Laverna Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90041
V/TDD: (323) 550-4207 Fax #: (323) 550-4204