Interested candidates can apply to one or the other, either SW position or the Counselor II position.
Work duties include psyche-social assessments, developing workshops, facilitating daily educational skill building and therapy groups, crisis intervention, individual meetings, working with client centered treatment plans, screening potential patients, following up with families, utilizing a flexible 12-Step philosophy, and completing necessary documentation.
American Sign Language (ASL) fluency is a must. Language assessment will be done during interview.
The position is .9 (36 hours/week) with a mix of day/eve hours. Benefits available.
Folks fluent in ASL can apply on line at http://www.fairview.org – go to “careers” and follow the prompts/instructions.
Hiring of the position will occur within the next 2 weeks, so interested persons are encouraged to apply through Fairview asap.
position opening Interpreter Prep. Program Faculty Front Range Community College Westminster campus, Colorado
Front Range Community College, Westminster Campus is now accepting applications for a IPP faculty member The primary focus of this position is teaching and curriculum development for IPP courses.
For complete job announcement and application, visit:
job openings – Day Child Care Worker – Overnight Supervisor Walden School/The Learning Center for the Deaf Framingham, MA
– Day Child Care Worker – Walden School http://deafdigest.com/walden-day-child-care-worker-deaf-job/
– Overnight Supervisor – Walden School http://deafdigest.com/walden-overnight-child-care-supervisor-deaf-jobs/
Please send resume to: The Learning Center for the Deaf 848 Central Street Framingham, MA 01701 Attn: Personnel Department
(508) 879-5110 ext. 306
OR apply online: http://www.tlcdeaf.org
position opening School Counselor/Psychologist The Scranton School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children Scranton, PA
The Scranton School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children is seeking a School Counselor/Psychologist. Advanced ASL skills preferred.
Act 34, Act 151, FBI Clearances and PA Certification req.d. Excellent salary and benefits
Visit our website at http://www.thescrantonschool.org to view the full position posting.
Send resume to: WPSD Human Resources 300 E Swissvale Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15218
Fax 412-244-4211 mailto:email@example.com
Job advertisement PAHrtners of Deaf Services Glenside, PA
Deaf Services Center (DSC) is a dynamic team of behavioral health professionals serving Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and adults. We take great pride that our program is strongly Deaf/HOH centered with about 85% of our staff being Deaf or Hard of Hearing. Our staff environment is one of incredible teamwork and mutual support. As a result, we are rapidly growing with new programs and expansions of our existing programs. Whether you are a high school graduate, recent college graduate or have many years experience in the field of human services we have a career building position waiting for you! E.O.E.
DSC is looking for dedicated, motivated, energetic individuals who are fluent in American Sign Language and knowledgeable about Deaf Culture and the Deaf Community to fill the following positions:
– OUTPATIENT CLINICIAN: (Full time/Part time)
This position provides clinical services to individuals and family members on a fee for service basis. Responsibilities include: Assessment and intervention for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, families and groups, utilizing a variety of communication modalities to accommodate the need. Progress notes, treatment plans, discharge summaries and other reports as required. Qualifications: The qualified candidate shall possess: Masters in Social Work or Counseling and license (LCSW or LPC) eligible in the state of Pennsylvania; ASL fluency and Deaf Culture sensitivity; knowledge of impact of hearing loss, assistive technology and needs of persons who are hard of hearing; ability to work with both adults and children.
– THERAPIST/PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR: (Full time position)
This position provides therapeutic and psycho-educational workshops and group sessions for consumers who are deaf. The qualified candidate shall possess: BA in psychology, counseling or any other human services field; must have 2 years experience with individuals with mental illness and/or mental retardation including treatment planning and progress notes; advanced fluency in ASL required; must be innovative, creative and be able to work in a team environment. Duties: Develop, coordinate and provide group/individual therapy for wellness maintenance and psycho-educational workshops.
– RESIDENTIAL COUNSELORS: (various positions available) This position provides direct client services including encouraging client independence in areas such as skills in daily living and community integration. Duties: Provide supported living and training to Deaf consumers with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities living in the community; promote consumers’ independence and social relationships. Positions open for weekend and evening shifts. Qualifications: HS + 1 year related experience or AA; valid drivers’ license; advanced fluency in ASL; minimum of 2 years experience with Deaf Community; demonstrated competency in independent living skills; ability to teach, advise and motivate Deaf Consumers; strong interpersonal skills.