DSC is looking for dedicated, motivated, energetic individuals who are fluent in American Sign Language and knowledgeable about Deaf Culture and the Deaf Community to fill the following positions:
– OUTPATIENT CLINICIAN: (Full time/Part time) This position provides clinical services to individuals and family members on a fee for service basis. Responsibilities include: Assessment and intervention for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, families and groups, utilizing a variety of communication modalities to accommodate the need. Progress notes, treatment plans, discharge summaries and other reports as required. Qualifications: The qualified candidate shall possess: Masters in Social Work or Counseling and license (LCSW or LPC) eligible in the state of Pennsylvania; ASL fluency and Deaf Culture sensitivity; knowledge of impact of hearing loss, assistive technology and needs of persons who are hard of hearing; ability to work with both adults and children.
– INTENSIVE CASE MANAGER for Residential programs: (Full time position) This position provides resources and support to clients and their families who reside the residential program. The qualified candidate shall possess: BA/BS degree in a Human Services field preferred; or High school diploma & 12 college credit hours in social science with 2 years mental health direct care experience. Must have strong organizational skills; fluency in ASL, familiarity with other visual communication modes and language levels. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as needed and travel various areas in the community. Knowledge of laws governing the rights of Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals including IDEA and ADA a plus; and must have a valid driver’s license. Duties: Assess service needs of consumers to insure continuum of care; develop service plans; independent living skills instructions, advocate for access to public & private services and programs such as medical, vocational and other services.
– THERAPIST/PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR: (Full time position) This position provides therapeutic and psycho-educational workshops and group sessions for consumers who are deaf. The qualified candidate shall possess: BA in psychology, counseling or any other human services field; must have 2 years’ experience with individuals with mental illness and/or mental retardation including treatment planning and progress notes; advanced fluency in ASL required; must be innovative, creative and be able to work in a team environment. Duties: Develop, coordinate and provide group/individual therapy for wellness maintenance and psycho-educational workshops.
– RESIDENTIAL COUNSELORS: (various positions available) This position provides direct client services including encouraging client independence in areas such as skills in daily living and community integration. Duties: Provide supported living and training to Deaf consumers with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities living in the community; promote consumers’ independence and social relationships. Positions open for weekend and evening shifts. Qualifications: HS + 1 year related experience or AA; valid drivers’ license; advanced fluency in ASL; minimum of 2 years’ experience with Deaf Community; demonstrated competency in independent living skills; ability to teach, advise and motivate Deaf Consumers; strong interpersonal skills.
Send your letter of intent and resumes to: Linda Claypool, Office Manager/HR Deaf Services Center, 614 N. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038
Email: mailto:email@example.com Fax: 215-884-6301
position opening Interpreter Prep. Program Faculty Front Range Community College Westminster campus, Colorado
Front Range Community College, Westminster Campus is now accepting applications for a IPP faculty member The primary focus of this position is teaching and curriculum development for IPP courses.
For complete job announcement and application, visit:
job openings – Day Child Care Worker – Overnight Supervisor Walden School/The Learning Center for the Deaf Framingham, MA
– Day Child Care Worker – Walden School http://deafdigest.com/walden-day-child-care-worker-deaf-job/
– Overnight Supervisor – Walden School http://deafdigest.com/walden-overnight-child-care-supervisor-deaf-jobs/
Please send resume to: The Learning Center for the Deaf 848 Central Street Framingham, MA 01701 Attn: Personnel Department
(508) 879-5110 ext. 306
OR apply online: http://www.tlcdeaf.org
position opening School Counselor/Psychologist The Scranton School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children Scranton, PA
The Scranton School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children is seeking a School Counselor/Psychologist. Advanced ASL skills preferred.
Act 34, Act 151, FBI Clearances and PA Certification req.d. Excellent salary and benefits
Visit our website at http://www.thescrantonschool.org to view the full position posting.
Send resume to: WPSD Human Resources 300 E Swissvale Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15218